Our lawyers specialised in family law will give you personal advice and assist you when you are confronted with a divorce.
We will work with you to determine whether it is best to obtain a divorce through negotiation or mediation or through divorce proceedings in court.
Under Belgian law, there are two grounds for divorce.
- On the one hand, there is the option to separate on the basis of mutual consent. In that case, both parties can amicably agree on all aspects or sub-aspects.
- On the other hand, the divorce can be obtained on the basis of irreparable differences.
LM&DS will answer all your divorce questions and advise you on:
- the provisional use and usufruct of the family home,
- distribution of household effects,
- alimony or maintenance money,
- residence arrangement of the children,
- evenly distributed residence,
- distribution of extraordinary or non-residential costs,
Are you dealing with a divorce? Make sure you get what you are entitled to and engage the assistance of a specialist lawyer. At LM&DS law firm you can rely on the years of experience of Kris Lens and his colleagues Stefan T'Seyen and Ariadne Kourias.